JOB TITLE: Digital Press Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
WEEKLY OR MONTHLY: Weekly
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
APPROVED BY: HR Manager
REVISION DATE: JUNE 2021
Have you heard? ePac has just landed in Australia and will be expanding throughout the country and even across the ditch! We are an awesome start-up who offer digital printing, lamination, pouch making, and roll stock engineered to serve the quick turnaround, flexible packaging market!
ePac is the first flexible packaging company built from the ground up that is leveraging the latest wide-web digital printing technology from HP. ePac is built to harness the full power of digital technology, to deliver our customers exceptional on shelf presence in timeframes that allows them to be market nimble.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Press Operator efficiently operates, calibrates and maintains an Indigo HP 20000 to ensure excellent quality, machine uptime and that customer expectations are exceeded. Responsible for supplying printed rolls of film (PE, BOPP, PET and other polymer-based substrates) to the lamination department. Responsible for machine upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance during break/fix with Lead Operator or HP Technical Support team’s assistance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly calibrates press via color calibration to ensure excellent print quality
- Efficiently sets up machine to maximise uptime
- Confirms job specifications based on job ticket prior to printing
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance on press
- Notifies Lead Press Operator when equipment needs repair
- Opens service calls with HP Technical Team as necessary
- Loads rolls of material onto press
- Monitors print quality while machine is in production
- Inputs production, consumption, and waste data into Microsoft NAV (ERP)
- Keeps pressroom clean and organised
- As part of the ePac team, this role will have responsibilities above and beyond what has been outlined. Because of the start up nature of our organisation, you may be asked to support other departments that compliment your experience and skill set.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and lamination
- Communicates with Prepress and Converting department when necessary
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HP Indigo presses (HP 20000 experience a plus)
- Simple mathematical ability for reports required
- Computer literacy and various computer programs focused on digital printing
- Mathematical knowledge
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical skills
- Attention to detail, well versed in colour management theory and processing for print graphic
- Print design in order to make creative layout and process files for digital press
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1-3 years in production field related to digital printing preferred
- HP Operator 1 training desired
- Responsibility in the area of food safety
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is located in the press room, and will be around moving mechanical parts and vibration
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourage all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
Interested in this role?Please email your expression of interest to Corrina email: firstname.lastname@example.org