The Fespa Awards 2020 are now open to print service providers (PSPs) and sign-makers, with four new awards in the mix.
The new awards include a Printeriors Award to reflect the growth in the home décor market area. Other new awards are Packaging on Paper and Board; Packaging on Plastics; and Wrapping, which includes wrapping of vehicles (commercial, fleet or private) and other items such as furniture and accessories.
Neil Felton, CEO of Fespa, comments: "Since we launched Printeriors in 2015, demand for printed décor has risen within the speciality print community, and was also highlighted as a key trend in both our 2015 and 2018 Print Census reports. Over the last five years we have developed our Printeriors proposition to reflect the demands in the industry. We can see from our exhibitions and events that printed décor plays a big part for a number of manufacturers and PSPs. By introducing the Printeriors Award we want to share the creative examples of printed décor that our global community is producing."
The Printeriors Award will feature five sub-categories: public spaces; hotels and restaurants; events and pop-up experiences; offices and workplaces; and retail.
In addition to the new awards, printers and sign-makers can also enter projects in the established categories:
- Display and POP on Paper and Board
- Display and POP on Plastic
- Serigraphies and Fine Art
- Decals and Printed Labels
- Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics
- Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles
- Printed Garments
- Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products
- Non-Printed Signage
- Functional Printing – Fascias, Dials, Name plates
Separate from the main award categories is the Young Star Award, which is marked across all categories and can be entered by 16 to 25 year olds working as a junior employee, trainee or student in a print-related discipline.
In addition, there are three Awards which cannot be entered directly and are voted for by the Fespa community and judges:
- The People's Choice Award is voted for by Fespa's online community across all categories. Voting for this award will be open from 8 November to 9 December.
- The Best in Show Award is chosen by the Fespa Awards judges from all categories.
- New for this year is the Judges Award for Innovation, which is selected by the Fespa Judges across all categories for the most innovative piece of work.
The Fespa Awards 2019 received entries from 50 countries, reinforcing the status of the competition within the speciality print industry and the prestige of winning an award.
For PSPs and sign-makers looking to enter the 2020 Awards, entries must be submitted by Friday 1 November. The shortlisted entries will be announced on 9 December, and will be displayed at Fespa Global Print Expo 2020, which takes place from 24 to 27 March in Madrid.
Winners of the Fespa Awards 2020 will be announced at the Fespa Gala Night in Madrid on 25 March, details of which will be available shortly.
For more information on the Fespa Awards 2020 and how to participate, visit www.fespaawards.com.