- Modern Printing Machinery
- Opportunity to develop a career
- Melbourne - Outer Eastern Suburbs
- Two positions available
The Printing industry is changing as marketing and technology changes along with everything else in our lives.
Look around, and everywhere you will see printing. Labels, Packaging, catalogues, the box that your phone came in, the sign writing on the vehicles… Every packaging item in the supermarket - all printed items.
With an Apprenticeship in Printing you will learn a niche trade and Craft that will assure you of a career in the Printing Industry that will grow and develop beyond your Apprenticeship.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic person to take up an Apprenticeship in the Printing industry with an international, environmentally focussed Packaging Printing Company.
Technology can change, but Packaging and Labels will always be in demand.
For this ROLE and for you to be successful, you MUST:
- Have a desire to learn
- Complete Trade Training assignments
- Be punctual and work as part of a team
- Have a good mechanical aptitude and enjoy hands-on work with machines
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, and literacy skills
- Be flexible - overtime and shift work comes with the industry
- Want to be trained by highly skilled and experienced team members
- As modern machinery operates with keyboards and touch screens you need to be comfortable around computers
In return you will:
- Gain a recognised Trade Qualification in Printing
- Be trained by a highly skilled workforce
- Obtain a career in a niche trade
- Work on a variety of different machines
- Be provided excellent skill exposure and career progression opportunities
School Leavers - we understand that you may not have a lengthy resume or have any work experience to put onto a resume. Instead, please prepare a resume that outlines your personal details and skills learned at school, together with your cover letter or email that outlines why you’re interested in an apprenticeship in the printing industry.
- You MUST be a Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident to be employed through the Australian Government Apprenticeship Scheme (Student visas and Bridging visas are not acceptable).
- Please advise your residency status on your cover letter or resume
- Due to the early starting time, public transport may not be readily available
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 6.00am – 2.00pm.
Send applications to: jdaprintrecruit.com.au