- Short-run customised manufacturing
- Purchasing and materials management experience
- Experience in using MRP / ERP Systems
Here’s an opportunity for a Planner experienced in short run ‘job shop’ manufacturing to join a Company as the Sole Planner, Scheduler, and Purchasing Officer.
This role is responsible for managing production from receipt of approved artwork through to delivery of completed goods, liaising with multiple departments and employees through multiple manufacturing processes, and generating a bill of materials or work ticket for companywide use.
Scheduling work is a key function of this role, requiring exceptional communication skills to liaise and set the daily work tasks, working closely with the shopfloor to ensure adequate resources are allocated to eliminate bottlenecks and meet DIFOT targets.
The role is hands-on, not just an office and computer. (Although an office is provided on the manufacturing floor). You will be regularly moving between the Process Stations to keep track of jobs.
The role is also responsible for purchasing (local and international) and procurement experience dealing with international material suppliers and freight companies would be viewed favourably.
The Company has been operating for over 50 years and has low staff turnover. Teamwork and getting on with everyone is an important pre-requisite in the selection process and you must also be flexible in accepting new ideas and suggestions.
Key job requirements include:
- Produce an accurate and achievable production plan
- Release work orders and a daily schedule for production departments
- Optimise the use of Company resources, people and equipment
- Maintain minimal inventory without impacting orders
- Provide a weekly briefings of production requirements to Management
- Maintain effective communications with production, quality, sales, and despatch teams, ensuring open and transparent lines of communication.
- Investigate the cause of schedule delays and recommend action to correct these
- Address issues with focus on root cause continuous improvement planning
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for raw material, subcontract operations, supplies and equipment
- Create stock orders and Kanban items based on customer schedules
Demonstrate through past experience in Planning & Purchasing roles:
- Positive attitude in challenging environments
- Ability to achieve goals and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Email).
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision or direction.
- Experience in using MRP / ERP Systems. (The system is Epicor Vantage).
- Excellent communication skills.
If this sounds like your next challenge, APPLY NOW email@example.com or contact David Galbraith on 03 9874 1582 to discuss further.