Scott Print is currently looking for either a candidate that has previous experience in a print finishing role or an apprentice.
The print finisher is responsible for setting up and operating binding and finishing machines. He/she will also be responsible for maintenance and minor repair of the machines, prepare finished books/prints to be stacked and shipping; stacking boxes pallets, and maintain records of daily production. Additional duties may arise within times.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate machines that perform binding operations, such as pressing, folding and trimming
- Install or adjust bindery machine devices, including knives, guides, rollers, rounding forms, clamps, etc.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and makes required adjustments
- Read instructions and specifications to perform minor repair when necessary
- Maintain all machine operations by lubricating, clean and disassembly parts according to manuals
- Examine stitched, collated, bound or unbound product samples for any defects
- Cut binder boards to specified dimensions, using board shears, hand cutters or cutting machines
- Bind new books, using hand tools such as bone folders, knives, hammers, or brass binding tools
- Meet with clients to discuss specific requirements and binding plans
- Design original or special bindings for limited editions or custom binding projects
- Apply colour to edges of signatures using brushes, pads or atomisers
- Wrap finished products in plastic, using a machine, and packs products in boxes
- Knowledge of printing materials, methods and tools used
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Good Mechanical ability
- Work well under pressure
- Additional experience in the printing industry is an advantage
This is a full time posion 38 hours per week and the salary depends on experience. Send yout application and CV to: Doug Henderson: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org