Currie Group Pty Ltd, a market leading supplier to the Graphic Arts Industry, is looking for a Colour Matcher to join a small team in colour matching/small ink blending within our Consumables business based in Osborne Park. Currie Group represents key industry brands such as HP Indigo, Horizon, Cron, Scodix, Agfa and other manufacturers. Our staff, support, equipment and consumable offerings combined, provide a fully integrated Print Solution to our customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for a motivated Colour Matcher/ink mixer (Lithographic Ink or Paste Ink) , from either a paint or ink background, to join a small team to carry out colour matching and ink blending for Currie Group's customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Following specific formulations
- Weighing ink in batch sizes
- General manufacturing of PMS ink colours
- Coordination of time critical ink mixing orders and deliveries
- Using equipment to blend ink
- Having the inks ready for QC approval
- Proofing inks
- Tinning and labelling inks
- Having product ready for dispatch
Currie Group values the culture and relationships created and nurtured over the last 70+ years. A proudly Australian owned trading company with clients going back three generations. Our "Point of Difference" is the long-term friendships that have grown out of commercial transactions. Currie Group is looking for people capable of maintaining and further developing these relationships.
Your Skills and Experience
- Ink mixing and/or colour matching experience favoured
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- The ability to multitask
- A high attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, can listen as well as have the ability to establish and build both internal and external relationships
- Disciplined and accurate approach to data entry
- Intermediate computer skills
- Physically fit as some ink items can weigh up to 25 kgs
- Great working environment.
- A business culture which supports personal development
- Training will be offered for the function
- Attractive remuneration package
- Reward and recognition program on offer
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their family members
- Go1 personal development platform
Note: Applicants must be willing to attend a pre-employment medical including colour blindness testing.
Currie Group supports equal opportunities for all. Only those eligible to work in Australia should apply.
If you have the required skill set and experience, we welcome your covering letter and CV - click link to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.